A Travel Rookie or a Traveling Roukey?

To answer the above question: a little bit of both.

For those that don't know, I will be studying in New Zealand this semester. I've applied, accepted, booked a couple flights, and begun counting down the days until I take off!

Although I usually journal so much it seems like an occupation, I've decided to let my writing and recaps take the form of a blog in the upcoming months. So, that's what this is. This is where my photos, stories, and whatever else people put on blogs will be. I don't really know what I'm doing, so be sure to keep your expectations low and spirits high! With all of this being said, I really am looking forward to sharing my experience with everyone in the various locations I like to call home.

Okay, here are some necessary dates and details:

  • The Victoria University of Wellington will be my home for the time being. Metaphorically speaking, VUW will play the familial role of the "fun aunt." Imagine being 8 years old and spending a day with this aunt; you're hanging out, having a blast, and doing everything you might not typically be able to do while under the roof of your own home. At the end of the day, she pries you away from what seems like a bottomless bowl of candy and brings you back to your parents' house (SMC). You love being home with your parents, but it is rarely a place for pawing through bottomless bowls of candy. 
  • My trip will begin on February 18 when I fly from Boston to LAX to Auckland. The program begins with orientation in Auckland before we settle in Wellington. This is sure to be super sweet and super awkward! Kidding. In typical Kait fashion, I actually can't wait to meet new people and run through so many cringeworthy ice breaker activities together!!!
  • I will begin classes on March 4 in Wellington. While I'm in NZ I will be taking classes on New Zealand Literature, Learning and Motivation, and Maori Society and Culture to further my studies in Secondary Education and English. 
  • The program ends on June 30, so my bowl of candy will find its bottom around then. 
That's about all the info I have to report at the moment, but here is the URL to my blog for anyone that wants to follow along this semester! Send it to your funny friends and tell them it's a comedy bit; it's sure to be a hilarious and completely absurd time. Send it to your adventurous friends and tell them it's a travel blog; I'll be moving around a country that's not the US, so I guess it kinda qualifies. I digressplease just enjoy what many have predicted to be a series of absolutely chaotic and memorable events, and feel free to share with anyone who might care in the slightest!

Feel free to also follow my Twitter, @kaitrouk, where I "blog" in 280 characters or less!   

Comments

  1. Can’t wait to follow this Kait ! Also, your knack for puns is like no other ....love ❤️ Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for reading! Miss you guys already xox

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts